Whew! Are you feeling the heat of summer? Now that summer's here, I know that there are lots of people who are planning to go swimming or go to colder places like Tagaytay or Baguio here in the Philippines.
If you would like to go swimming, I highly recommend The Wassenaar Beach Resort in Jawili, Tangalan, Aklan. You can go there then proceed to Boracay or vice versa. It's a nice place if you prefer peace and quiet compared to the busy night life in Boracay. I also recommend Basang Cold Spring which is located in Nabas, Aklan. The water is really cold that may make you forget that it's summer. It's a lot better because it gives you more satisfaction than halo-halo and ice cream minus the additional weight.
Now, that's three destinations already. So if you ever decided to come and visit Aklan, you'll know where to go. If you're adventurous and would like to maximize your vacation here, you can add Jawili Falls, Sampaguita Gardens and more to your itenerary. If you would like to know more, just post a comment. ;)
If ever you decided to go here or go outing somewhere else, here are some things that you should remember:
1. Travel light. No, you don't need to bring all of your shoes. Just bring one for comfort, one for formal parties, and one that will go with most of your clothes that you're bringing.
You also don't need to bring all your clothes. Just pick safe and comfortable ones. Bring just one or two formal dresses.
You also don't need to bring all your friends and family's and pets pictures. Just leave them at home, If you really can't do that just bring one of each.
2. Don't forget the essentials. Your make-up kit, yes, that's on top of the list. Tools for your car, first aid kit, insect repellant, Swiss knife, and your personal stuff. With the last one, make sure to kip tip number one in mind.
3. Turn the main switch of electricity of your house off if no one will be staying at home. Make sure that all the windows and the doors, and the gate is locked.
4. Bring a book or magazine or MP3 player just in case you get bored.
5. Never forget your camera and extra batteries.
Now those are just the basics. There will be a lot more tips next time. Thanks for reading and always be safe. :)