One of the top New Year’s resolutions is to save more money. Likewise, some people resolve to travel more and there are also some who want to cut their shopping expenses off. The truth is that with a little ingenuity, you can fulfill all these three goals. These do not have to be your New Year’s resolutions too. These are simple ways on how you can enjoy life more.
- Jar of hearts. A good way to recycle a glass jar is to use it for loose change. It may sound rather simple but a little every day goes a long way. Label the glass jar with what you plan to spend it on. It could be for a Chanel bag or your dream holiday to Hawaii. Fill the jar with some loose change that will someday give you a happy heart.
- Spark Interest. You may take your bank account interest for granted since it does not sound significant at all. However, savings is savings and no matter how big or small your savings is, when it adds up at the end of the year, you will be surprised especially if you are saving for a specific trip or a specific object.
- Track Record. Keep track of how much you spend on different expenses. This will help you have a clearer perspective of your finances. It is also a perfect opportunity to choose expenses that are unnecessary. Every month, choose something which you can turn into savings instead. This will put you in control of your spending habits and enhance your saving techniques.
- Raise the Roof. In special occasions such as salary raises, you can also put in extra to your savings no matter if it is in a coin bank, an actual bank, or under your mattress. You can also save part of your overtime fees so you can shop more and travel more.
- Read or not. Reading can actually help you save money. There are specific blogs and websites where you can read about other people’s actual experiences. You can apply what they learned and you become a smarter spender from other people’s experiences. For example, you can find great tips on how to save money when you travel at Coupon Wind.
- Walk more. Walk whenever you can. It will help you save on gas and possibly on doctors, hospitals, and medicine fees.
- Prevention is better than cure. One of the avoidable expenses that people have is dental fees. Although it is recommended to see your dentist twice a year, you can also save through preventive measures. This is because you won’t need extra dental services anymore. The same goes to your health. A healthy lifestyle is also a happy lifestyle.
There are many ways on how you can save money so you can shop more or travel more. You just need to set your mind to focus not only on big amounts of savings but also small ones.